Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The first one

I should announce that the first mp4 file has been created using qtmux (at least, the first one capable of playing nicely). It is still only able of handling mp3 audio. But that means that the underlying mp4 library reached some stable level and now the work focus should be into the qtmux element itself.

Next steps:
  1. Add another audio format support (probably raw audio)
  2. Add video support (h263? Suggestions?)
  3. Add multiplexing support (finally!)

I thought I was going to reach this goal before, but my graduation required some extra hours in the last weeks and mp4 atoms' fields given me some headache on understanding its semantics, mainly in how to define what media type (and parameters) for a track. 'qtdemux' has been a great help, it outputs some really helpful debug messages. Thanks for the guys who developed it! Great job!

Code is here: http://gforge.embedded.ufcg.edu.br/scm/?group_id=122

No comments: